Sunday, May 1, 2011

April, where did you go?

I am afraid that if I don't post soon, I'll be getting threats in my email box, phone and maybe even in person! Yikes! Even though this post is long overdue, the main readers have actually seen our family in person since the last one... so that counts.

We took off work a little early the Thursday before Easter to witness the cute craziness that is daycare Easter egg hunts... Here's the before for the toddler rooms.

Mara has a smart Daddy who took her to the far corner to start her hunt rather than dodging the kids/parents near the door. She had to figure out the point of the thing first...
 Oh, I get it!



 Mara and another girl her age were apparently scared of the Easter Bunny. And you have to admit... the costume is a little wacky.

 She eventually came round after Mommy gave Easter Bunny a nice pat on the fur. Here's Mara going in for a hug.


Our neighbor practically begged to make Mara an Easter bunny cake, and she had lots of stories to go along with it... but I promised her some pictures so here it is. I think Mara thought it was a real live bunny because she was SO excited to run over and sit down next to it, and pet it... and then she screamed once the frosting stuck to her hand.
After this, we travelled to Holden Beach for the holiday.

We had a wonderful weekend with the family, ate lots of good food and I got burned! (Not intentionally!)
I couldn't find a hat to fit Mara, but she seemed to like mine...
Cool baby!



Mara's been to the beach before, but not when she could walk.

She liked playing in the sand, knocking down the sandcastles, and bird and people watching.

 
 There was some sand eating...


 Isn't this so sweet, Mara with Grahampa?


 And here was Mara's introduction to the water.



Did you see the "OH CRAP" skeedaddle? Mara kept a CLOSE eye on everyone that went down to the water after this experience... just to make sure they made it back alive...

 My little Mo's Toes.
Now that I've probably bored you with beach photos... I'll give you a sweetness overdose...








SO incredibly happy with Great-grandmother Shirley.

Oh, check out her breakfast selection... Mara's that is. She can eat a frozen waffle, peaches or orange slices, and 2 scrambled eggs...

And a side of yesterday's sock...


Mara was very grateful for some new fantastic toys. In fact, she walked by me today pulling BOTH of them.

 
 And here's our little happy family (dogs were resting b/c I practically killed them walking/running around).


Once we returned home, we had a great visit from the other grandparents. Here's Mara and Grandma! They spent the whole day Tuesday together while Zack and I worked. Everything turned out perfectly, especially since she was sent home Monday with a fever (are you KIDDING me???!) But Mara seemed to be in a great mood and exhausted poor Grandma!
 Pop-pop joined us a few days later.


And last night we enjoyed Boat Trash (and part of Fight Night) with friends. Here's Mara enjoying herself:


 
And here's all of us enjoying ourselves:



And to end the longest post in my history, here's the hotness:

Oh, and then there's Max... ;-D


It's so beautiful and exciting to watch Adam and Marianne traverse these very familiar paths and milestones.

I will post a video soon of something cute! Until then, this probably took you all night to read anyway. Love everyone!

No comments: