Hard to believe it's been 6 months since little man entered our lives! On November 20th, he was 13 pounds 9 ounces (< 3% for weight), 25.3 inches long (12%) and 42.4 cm head circumference (19%). I tried to find Mara's comparable stats at that age but couldn't locate her sheet easily. Sorry! So in 6 months, Isaac has gained 7 pounds 7 ounces in weight, 5.3 inches in height, and 9.5 cm in head circumference.
It's a contest for who has more hair...
He says lots of vowels and has gotten out plenty of "dadadadada's." We're still working on the mamama sound...
He seems so frustrated that he can't go anywhere by himself, yet. He is wiggling and wiggling on his belly, so I doubt crawling will be TOO far off. He loves watching his older sister do anything and everything. Just watching her breathe reduces him to bashful smiles and giggles. When she hugs him, he sometimes squeals in delight.
He gets way higher than this picture, but he was about to start crying. I was lucky to get these few 6 month shots before we left for the doctor, where he got 3 shots, poor man.
We had a great Thanksgiving with the Dardens and here's a family shot:
Mara enjoyed Cherry's huge bathtub!
I have pictures from Mara attending Blake's 3rd birthday party in Colfax (near Greensboro), playing with Olen Ray, my friend Heidi's little man, and pics of Elam, Ocie Belle and Isaac together. But it's almost 10 pm on a weeknight and I've gotta get my beauty rest.
My favorite Mara quote from today, while I hugged and squeezed her - "We got in love."
I also asked her on the phone at lunchtime if she told everyone she had adventures (aka treks through the woods with Grahampa) over Thanksgiving. She goes "Hold on a second, okay? Heyyyyyy, I had ADVENTURES!" she screamed to the classroom.






2 comments:
LOL - Oh what a great Thanksgiving you guys had! I love that you show age-comparative shots. I cannot WAIT to see you all :D
oh my goodness--I got in love with everything Mara says. And totally got in love with Isaac's handsome little face. So glad you share them with us
Post a Comment