Thursday, April 3, 2014

Almost Outta Our House

Well, a lot can happen in a week and I've got time for another quick update while I eat my lunch at work.

We've been absorbing all the nice weather and taking advantage of the extra sunlight in the evenings to practice our cycling skills. Isaac will say "bike! bike! helmet!" He doesn't sit on the seat and glide, yet... but he is surprisingly quick at straddling his bike and walking it down the street. Plus, he's cute.

 Mara likes getting dirty and findings sticks and bugs and climbing trees and seems to be excited about living in the apartment, and building a new home, and starting a new school with new friends... she is taking it way better than me!
 Daddy fixed something under the house one time recently, and got semi-suck from Mara fiddling with the latch/lock on the crawlspace door. So now... Isaac goes to this vent and says "Daddy? Daddy? Stuck." I guess he thinks Daddy sneaks away to this secret hiding space and speaks through the vent. Yup. That's exactly how Daddy likes to spend his time.
 Monkey see, monkey do. I warned her the slide was wet and I didn't want to have to change all her clothes after playing. (We ran outside to play between the rain that day). She assured me she would change herself completely. And she did! I still had to change the boy, though.
 The boy likes trucks. And motors. And motorcycles. And being with Daddy.
 
 He also likes his snacks catered to him, even while in the tub. 
 We witnessed Hayden's baptism this past weekend and came away with a caterpillar to watch grow and change and turn into a butterfly (part of the kid's preparation for Easter story). He's sitting on our windowsill and getting fatter by the day. Kinda like how I feel... college freshman 15 ain't got nothing on home selling/moving/building pounds... yeah.

Our status:

  • Signing the apartment lease tomorrow and getting the keys
  • Moving the majority of our big items to the apartment on Saturday, and moving the remainder to the storage unit or smaller necessary items to the apartment over the next two weeks
  • We started the construction to perm loan process with BB&T on Tuesday. Should be able to close within 30 days... so hopefully by May 1st we will have that ready to go!
  • Expecting our official contract with our builder to come in this weekend with building specifications... so that the bank can do the appraisal on the future house/land.
  • Engineered plans supposed to come in today. Builder is ready to apply for building permit but holding off until we close on house
  • Expecting to hear back on the septic pricing situation... probably isn't going to be good
  • Kids start new daycare/school on April 14th
  • Close on current house April 16th
  • Easter at the beach
  • Sleep an entire weekend
Hope all my readers are good. 

Chrissy

1 comment:

Carole said...

I didn't comment when I read this the day after you wrote it, but went back to do so since no one else did -- I check daily to see if there are updates and appreciate any pictures and journaling. Good work, all Dardens! Love, Me