Sunday, July 13, 2014

June 2014

A month sure goes by quickly. I was informed that we should have our keys by October 30th. A little later than we were thinking, but exciting none-the-less.

Here's a summary of what's been going on house-wise:
  • Lot clear complete (yep, took 3 weeks)
  • Driveway sucking up gravel

  •  Footings dug.

 There always seems to be a pile of gravel somewhere.
 I think our lot broke the digger...it was in pieces.

 Here's the backyard view. 


 Measuring tape coming in handy! And good thing we have Daddy's helpers.


 Isaac getting his fill of tractors.
 No need to go to a playground and sandbox when you can supply your children with gravel piles...
 They only get a liiiiitttttle dirty...
 Isaac checking out his biiiiig tractor parked off in the woods.
 View from the driveway.


 Our builders' sign out by the road.
 Plastic culvert replaced.
 Keeping the kids busy measuring.
 Can you see my other child way out there by the treeline?

 Footings poured. One engineered footing required.


 Looks like random streams of concrete, doesn't it?


 I don't know how many trucks of cement they needed. A lot, we figured.

 We gotta' potty. We gotta' potty. We gotta' potty yeah yeah yeah yeah. And Mara and I use it almost every time we're out there. It's a long hike, though, from the the house to the potty.
 Hitting up the castle park again! Isaac found a tractor more his size.
 The days are SO hot sometimes. We make sure the kiddos stay hydrated. We went through two of these water bottles really quick that day. And ran into a kid from Isaac's class - kinda' took us and her Mom by surprise since her daughter was saying "that's Isaac, that's Isaac" and of course, the parents don't normally see each other unless you happen to drop off/pick up at the same time. Anyway, turns out, it was Isaac's friend Emma.
 Mara was invited to a joint birthday party at a gymnastics center.I brought Isaac with me because Zack was riding motox that day. The kids really had a good time!

 Mara could shimmy all the way from one side to the other. I was amazed by her strength.
 Isaac looooved this trampoline and ran up and down and up and down.
 Carpet burn... on his nose.
 New shoes! Insanely pink, light-up, princess shoes. Couldn't have a happier 4 year old.
 Carpet burn scabbed over and was very noticeable. Poor guy. He is learning his alphabet and can tell you almost any letter.
 Most days, especially the weekends, this is what our main living area floor looks like. Judge all you want. I challenge you to living in this space, with these children.
 Pop-pop stopped by for a visit one Sunday. He toured the apartment (in like 30 seconds) and then took us out to lunch before going to see the house. 


  • Block (cinder and brick) laid (using our chosen Bessemer Grey brick from Triangle Bricks). This means we have front steps!











 Check out all of these pillars. Think our house will move? We don't...







Okay, break for now and I'll continue in a second post.

No comments: