Saturday, February 14, 2015

House Tour

Hello friends. While we are nowhere near settled, and haven't decorated anything, we invite you in to tour our humble abode.
You've stuck with us since we bought the land in 2013 until we moved in this past November. It was a 6 month build in the end, but as you know, the entire process took much longer (finding and refining house plans, selling Kingston Ridge, moving into the apartment, etc. etc.)

Well enough jabbering. Welcome to our home.
If you will kindly step through our front door, you'll find yourself in our foyer and staring into the living room.
If you turn directly left, you'll enter the dining room. We were getting ready for a cookie decorating party when I snapped these shots.
The front windows let in lots of light, although the sun comes from the back and side of the house.
The door through the dining room leads to hallway/walk-through to where the butler pantry, bench, laundry room, and garage entry are located. We'll get there soon.
If you turn back around to face the front door, you can see our lovely dirt clearing and woods. There WILL be grass there eventually. Oh, and you can see the nifty little floor vents.
Walk a little further into the house and the stairs are to the left. See the hallway behind the stairs? That leads to the bench and laundry room. The floor mat is at the garage door entry.
The living room is situated at the back of the house and is open to the kitchen area.
 There is our new kitchen table in the breakfast area, and the door out to the screened in porch. I forgot to snap a picture of the porch, but I'm sure we'll have plenty in the near future. I also didn't get a close up of the stove area or sink, but I think you've probably seen plenty of those during the build.
 
Here is a view of the porch and the backyard. Right now, the kids have a see-saw and a picnic table out there. Haven't gotten a lot of use yet because of the cold... but it will be spring before we know it.
The ovens, pantry and fridge are all on the same left wall of the kitchen:
 Pantry is about the same size as our last one, just an L shape instead of a long walk-in.

 Alrighty, let's walk back this way.

 The hallway straight ahead is to the master bedroom (directly behind the tv), the linen and coat closets, the hallway bathroom and downstairs bedroom. But let's take a right, first, and explore the little hallway by the garage entrance.
 The butler pantry/catch-all is to the left of the motorcycle.
 The built in bench is to the right. Handy dad installed the coat hooks.
 Walk a little further and the coat closet is the door on the right, the laundry room is on the left.
 We've used our sink many times, and I asked Z to install a rod so I could hang clothes.
  Oops, no garage picture, sorry. Picture lots of space, lots of motorcycles and lots of kids toys. There ya go.
Walk across the house with me to the bedroom hallway.
Here is the linen closet (and diaper storage). 
 Turn right and there is a the coat closet, the bathroom is directly to the right and the baby room/downstairs room is there in the back (technically at the front of the house).
 Downstairs full bath.
 Downstairs room, currently set up for baby #3. 
 Nothing on the walls yet, but I'm sure we'll hang SOMETHING before July...
 
 Look back out into the hallway - you can see a hint of the Master bedroom doorway.
 Enter the Master.
 I have a small vanity set up on that side of the room.
 There's the bathroom door and shower.
 

 Here's a glance into the bathroom and you can see the closet in the back.
 Shower with bench, big tub that the kids use often!
 Double sinks.
 I got interrupted in taking my pictures so I don't have a clear shot of the potty room or closet... but you've seen those before anyway. :)

Picking back up on a different day, let's tour the upstairs!
Walk with me to the top of the stairs.
We have a desk area on the right.
A linen/craft closet on the left. The kids bedrooms are ahead on the right, as well as the bathroom.

Behind you, is the loft.

That door leads to an attic area that will hopefully eventually be a finished bonus room.

Better view with the fish eye lens.




Walk out of the loft and you'll see our built in shelves.



Here's the linen closet/craft closet.

Kids bathroom.


Guess whose wonderfully purple room this is...



Fish eye
And who do you think sleeps here?


That door leads into another attic space that we plan to leave as attic space.
Fish eye view
And last view is coming out of the kids hallway.
Thanks for joining us on this tour. You're free to go! 
Unless, you want to see some pictures of these cuties?





 





  Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Carole said...

OH HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! Now I've got a great glimpse of your beautiful home and I can see how it works! I love the woods outside the baby's room :D Thanks for the pictures at the end - what beautiful children!