Sunday, August 8, 2010

Carnival Wedding!

Chrissy - We made it to Lewisville to visit the Grandparents and Great-Grandparents on Saturday (camera was in the car... bad Chrissy). Anyway, we had a nice visit and then made our way to the carnival themed wedding. I took so many pictures of all the clever decorations and fun times, but since the blog is about Mara, guess I'd better stick with that!

Mara's day -


 
Here we are sitting outside, waiting for the festivities to begin. It was preeettttty toasty...

Here's me, chillin' in my stroller.

Yeah, this is my ride... what of it? It was sunny so Daddy and I relocated to some nearby shade.


After awhile, I decided I wanted to play in the grass.


And then I ignored everything else! This was Uncle Ian, trying to get my attention. I ignored him completely.


Yes?
I have a pretty good baby social life going on. This kid, Zeke, he covets my stroller and my teething ring. (Not really) But we eyed each other throughout the day.


 I wanted to participate in the "carnival" so Mommy and I had some fun! Although, as Mommy hoisted me up for these shots, all I wanted to do was taste EVERYTHING! It was all so colorful and tasty looking! (forget that it looks like I'm tasting this stylish lady's armpit...)

Here's me and Mommy - she chose to be the muscle.
Oop, distracted by the tastiness again...

Here we go!
Hey, eyes up here, buddy.
I had a good time - there were so many sights and sounds. I didn't want to nap at all! But I didn't get fussy, either.
Mommy took me on my first carousel ride! Unfortunately, the horse's name was "Spooner" but I paid no attention to that.
Can you see me peeking out from behind the horse?

Then we took the obligatory family shots.

That was my happiest face of the family shots... I was angry because my hair was windblown from the carousel and nobody noticed. Oh well. I watched the ferris wheel:

And everything else:

And here's a girls group shot:

Note: this wasn't Kirby's original wedding dress. This is her mother's dress, altered to be a salsa-esk dress. Here's my best shot of the original:
And:
In case you are wondering, I made sure to kick back, relax, and stay hydrated.

Whew, that was a looooong day.

No comments: