Sunday, August 29, 2010

Motoring Mara and Nom Noms

Even though little Mara isn't crawling yet, she still gets around! You can put her down on the floor and before you know it, she's across the room. This involves rolling, belly spinning/pirouettes, pushing backwards on the hardwood floors, and then crying for Mommy or Daddy to come rescue her from the hallway.


And she has been doing really great with solid foods! Peaches are her favorite... I was packing 2 icecubes of peaches for her at school... but when daycare said she was throwing a little fit about not eating what the other kids had later in the day... I needed to pack more! So I packed 2 cubes for morning, 2 cubes for afternoon. Um. Still not enough. So I packed 3 the next day... and they add cereal to the pureed peaches... and she still finished! So I sent some avacado for the afternoon - yeah NO! Didn't really like it. I still have some sitting in the freezer. I think I've just gotta let her taste it a few more times. So we went back to peaches at home and she devoured 4 cubes worth (and cereal).



 So I've got pureed pears and pureed steamed carrots in the freezer now. We tried the pears this morning (after I ran out of peaches) and she threw a fit - big fat tears running down her chubby little baby cheeks just wrenches my heartstrings. Daddy tried them again this afternoon, and she ate a few more bites and didn't scream. Progess! Since you're only supposed to introduce a new food every 3-4 days, I've got the carrots and sweet potatoes in the queue. I've done more "cooking" for Mara than I have for Zack. Sheesh.

2 comments:

Susie said...

Auntie Susie loves peaches too! I can't believe how much she's changing, she's not really a chumba wumba baby anymore she's stretching out into a little person. hahaha I love you guys!

Steven and Heidi Bozard said...

OH such cute videos! I miss her already and want to come visit again. Maybe I can come sometime this fall when Steven is working weekends. Hope you are all doing well and make sure you keep showing her my pictures so she knows me :-) Love you guys!