Apparently, in order to achieve this milestone, we had to lower her crib in preparation (this past weekend) and have a guest over for dinner with a 3 year old boy, and Mara decided it was time to show off.
I was watching her play on the floor the first time she did it, and realized that she was pushing to a sitting position, although I was pretty positive she was just on her tummy a minute prior. Zack had the same reaction: we were just watching her like normal and we've seen her lean forward from a sit and then push up again so that's what it appeared to be to us. Then we realized after she pushed to the sit that I definitely did NOT set her down in that position. I ran to get my phone and sure enough, she did it again and even crawled a few paces!!! For the rest of the evening, she was up, down, up, down, like she'd been practising in the middle of the night or something and that it wasn't a new thing at all.
Then I tried to entice some movement with the little yogurt drops.
Anyway, here's one more video. No sitting or crawling really, but the last 2 seconds she throws a big smile/laugh. :)
1 comment:
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWw this is fantastic! One of those miracles of life :D Thank you sooo much for posting this event!!!! Can't wait to see you all soon! Love, Mom/Grandma
Post a Comment