Sunday, June 12, 2011

Goodness gracious, great balls of... poop.

Seriously, Mom?
The title of this post scares me.

For anyone who was "offended" by the naked baby booty picture I texted this weekend, (which was completely innocent, btw...), you may want to close this window now.

I (Chrissy) got to exercise my super-Mom skillz today! After Mara got drenched from some outdoor water play (pictures further down), she received a bath out of schedule. I, being in tune to her "regularity," knew that a poop might be on the way... and we know my luck with poop in the bathtub recently. After bathing her, I allowed her to play in the water for a bit... when I noticed a certain look on her face and she said "poo poo" to which I asked "You need to go poo poo?"

She nodded.

"Can you go poo poo in the big girl potty?" She nodded.

Fast as lightening, I yanked that naked baby from the tub and zoomed her over to the toilet, and mid-hover, there was a PLOP!

I think I screamed "YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! POOPY IN THE BIG GIRL POTTY!!!!"

She looked like she still might be straining, so I tried to keep her there... but she signed "all done" which I tripled checked "Are you SURE you're all done?" since I peered into the tank and saw a single small floater. I knew the amount wasn't quite right. Well, she said she was definitely done, so I did my best at wiping a completely wet baby booty while holding her on the toilet seat... and set her down to say bye bye to the poopy (this process took a bit)... and that's when I noticed it. The great ball of poop, staring up at me from the bathroom floor.

Yep. My super-Mom skillz got half the load in the toilet. The other half was perched on the clean, dry, white towel I had laid out for her to dry. Lovely.

Well, we got to say bye bye to the poo poo in the big girl potty again. Score one for Mara, score, uh, half, for Mom.


ANYWAY.

Just for clarity, the following pictures are NOT a wet t-shirt contest. Sheesh. These are the reason we had to take said bath.

Wah-wah.


Yes, that's Mara's word for Water.

That is her sucking on her hands.

 Getting completely drenched with cold hose water, and enjoying it.


 




 And this is Mara... loving her Daddy.

And I think this face is, Mom, get MORE water NOW.


Check out her cute water shoes (well, sandals) that I ordered from Zappos. Took her a bit to get used to them, since they're so heavy and wide! I also had to take her shoe shopping for some regular shoes. Girl is a 4-4.5 now, and every glance at her I take, she looks SO MUCH BIGGER! It's like her growing is speeding up. Quickly!





And here she is, trying to whistle:


Hehe.
I took her to the Farmer's Market today while Zack was riding his dirtbike, and she looooved eating fresh strawberries, and raspberries, and then devoured some plums!

Friday, we stopped off at the library, and I have a video I intend to post but it doesn't do justice to how ecstatic she was to find so many books existed. We barely made it to the children's section before she was screaming "BOOK!!!!" then turning around... "BOOK!!!!!" and taking one off the shelves and screaming "BOOK!!!" all giddily. Wow.

I followed her up and down the aisles, just grinning at how happy it made her. We selected a few appropriate novels for her, a few of which she carried around herself (so proudly!). If she put them down for a minute, she would carefully restack them and pick the pile back up. She waved at people, and grinned and giggled and ducked into the next row. She wanted to sit in a library seat and read - which we did some of. I look forward to many more trips to the library with her.


Her talking is coming along faster than I ever thought it would. She went from just a handful of words/sounds, to almost being able to replicate any word we try.

Her longest "sentence" has been "Bye bye Blake" to her good friend at school.

But she frequently talks, jabbers on about nothing, or tries to sing. If she's too quiet in the car, I take a peek back there and she's reading a book, very seriously. I ask "Are you enjoying that book?" and I get a nod, and she's back to reading, turning the pages carefully.

 That's about all the updates I can think of for now.
I think I stare at her DAILY and my heart stops for a second because of how much she is changing. Her face looks longer, she is taller, her legs are stronger, she is... growing up. And TOO QUICKLY!

No comments: