We've been busier than usual and, consequently, the blog has fallen to the wayside. My apologies!
We celebrated Zack's 29th birthday on October 4th and Mara helped me make the funfetti cake:
She was very focused on her stirring:
And, like a good chef, made sure to sample her creation by telling me "Lick! Lick!"
She then helped draw some some birthday pictures so when Daddy returned from his work golf league, he would be surprised. We didn't expect this, though. I drew some happy faces and we talked about "ears" and she placed the two red marks on the side of the face. I then asked for hair, to which she changed her stroke and drew the hair. I said maybe she should give him a nose and she dotted in the middle of the face. We were awestruck.
Golf has been on the family's mind and agenda a lot recently. I found this incredibly adorable and we HAD to purchase it. Ignore the strange pants - she originally had a jean dress to go with her jean bloomers... but SOMEONE has developed quite the little attitude about what she wears and she came home from daycare in this. I tried to put pants on her. I was unsuccessful.
We bought her a right handed putter, but still have not been able to determine her dominant hand. She will color, throw, and pick objects up with either hand.
Here's an attitude shot. Future LPGA champion? Let's focus on getting some pants, first.
Two weekends ago we made the journey north for Susie and Mike's wedding festivities. We saw lots of family from Thursday on and Mara took a great liking to Mirka, our exchange student from years ago, a sister, and a bridesmaid!
Here's a shot of me, helping Mara do what she does best.
Mara fell in love with this tiny plastic chair and drug it all over the house. She'd get it set up where she wanted, in front of the TV for instance, and would climb on in and relax.
Mara loved sampling all the food and was so social with everyone!
Mara was the flower girl for the wedding, and here's a shot of the basket I put together for her. Everything was glued in since we couldn't allow her to throw petals.
And here is the adorable dress she wore:
She was such a cutie.
Here are the girls at the rehearsal:
And our little family!
I'm waiting on pictures from the wedding since I didn't take any - was too busy!
But this is the one shot I do have:
This past weekend, we hit up a pumpkin farm and the Asheboro ZOO! Check back later this week for pictures - still have to pull them from my camera and resize. I hope you enjoyed this post, as overdue as it was.
Happy Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment