Saturday, December 17, 2011

Ready for Christmas and Birthday?

I know, it's been a long time coming. Hopefully, after this birthday and Christmas are out of the way, I'll get back to my ~1x a week posting.

Here was her 23 month shot. Can you believe tomorrow she's going to be TWO? She's excited about her birthday... probably because WE'RE so excited. She's been having a pee pee in the potty about 5 out of the last 7 days. Pretty incredible.

We've been making some of our own wrapping paper (sadly, I didn't use any for the Northern families! I used this for big boxes down here!)


Mara got some sticky penguins to go on the door and she loves them. She makes us open the front door just so she can see them, and rip them up... so one penguin is now hatless and we have a few less snowflakes. Ooops.
 We went shopping for our Christmas tree with Claire and Travis. Mara enjoyed decorating it - she hung some ornaments low on the branches.

I'll have to take a picture of the decorated tree. But what was amusing to me was she found the sawdust pile in the driveway from Zack trimming the stem:

And every time she'd see it, she's stomp her foot really hard on it. No clue why.

Okay, time for more cleaning and house prep. Later!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

yay for the post! can't wait to talk with the birthday girl later if she's not too worn out from her party!!!

Carole said...

I can't wait to see the party pics!! She is SUCH a doll :D

Carole said...

Somehow i was able to post yesterday, the 19th. I had to re-input my info at the time, though. Let's see if this one goes right through w/o any problems. Exciting!!