This was the little piece that started it all...
This tiny little piece of chicken caused 1.5-2 hours of sanity-testing, wiggling, thrashing, screaming drama. And I AM talking about Mara, not me or Zack.
I simply asked her to try to piece of chicken. She likes chicken. This isn't anything new. If she doesn't want it, I ask her to take a no-thank-you bite and she can be done. But this time, she really threw a fit about it. We sat at the table for a long time. I did the dishes. She cried and thrashed so hard, she threw up all over herself. Zack gave her a quick bath and she had to go to her room/bed (it was like 6:30, so nowhere near the standard 8:00 bed time). I sat at the top of the stairs to monitor. She read some books, she calmed down in her room. Eventually, she heard me outside the door and came to investigate. She snuck out of the room and saw me on the stairs, then snuck back over to her door and investigated the door jam. When I asked if she was ready to try her chicken... she said yes. And we came downstairs, ate a piece of chicken, and the screaming, thrashing, puking, wild child turned into this:
And the parents were greatly relieved.
A night or two later... same ordeal, but with french toast (breakfast for dinner... and she LOVES syrup).
This time, she gave in after 10 minutes, and we never unbuckled her from her seat. Zack simply pushed it out into the middle of the kitchen until she calmed down. (hehe). Anyway, progress.
We have quite the little cook. She can pick up fake hamburgers (which she calls burgers, and it sounds like boogers) with her spatula, and she is always telling one of us to cook with her. She spends a LOT of time in her kitchen.
She did not sit through the Easter pictures at daycare, so there won't be any bunny pictures this year. I had even managed to put together a semi-cute outfit, since I don't buy fancy clothes unless there is a given occasion (weddings, mostly). She looked adorable, so I'm sad she refused to sit with the bunnies at school.
Grandmom Mischinski sent her some cute bunny slippers for Valentine's Day! She got a card from Shirley and Paw-Paw with a cat on it (she liked that), and Cherry brought her some books, oranges, and something else when she came for the circus. I haven't uploaded any circus pictures (they are on my phone as we weren't allowed to bring in an SLR camera), but here's the bunny slippers. Took us a day or two to convince her to put them on... and then, she could feel the insides of them and where I'd missed removing part of the plastic tag. Whoops. Sensitive tootsies.
I've been working at this post a little most of the week and can finally hit submit. I'll try to upload, resize and show you the circus pictures soon, as well as some cute park pictures.
Language notes: Mara wanted to go outside this evening to see Daddy in the shed. (He has taught her to make vroom vroom motorcycle noises and fake rev an air throttle...). I told her it was too cold out. She said "Put on my jacket." I said but honey it's dark outside. "Turn on the lights."
Such a problem solver. Her sentences are great, her pronunciation better than I could have thought, and she'll constantly repeat some new word we say. I get a kick out of her saying "Monsters CorpRated" (Monsters Incorporated), and the different songs that she sings.
She loves spotting "MareCan Flags!" everywhere while driving. There are so many more than I've ever noticed! She likes strawberry toaster strudles, muffins, waffles, pancakes, and scrambled eggs for breakfast. She can HOOVER some frozen chicken nuggets. If her waffle is cold, she'll tell me "Put in MikeWave." She's been sleeping in her big girl bed for 3-4 weeks and doing well! Takes a little longer to put her to sleep (and she's having some security issues) but she is very proud of herself and likes her bed/room. She will take a running start and flop on the mattress, which just rests on the floor for now. If she finds one of our phones, she usually asks to call Grahampa. When I call daycare at lunch time to check in on her day, she knows the teachers are talking about her and says "That's my MOMMY!" And blows kisses to the phone. Melts my heart.
We've also been trying big girl underwear yesterday and today after daycare. We haven't had much success, but I hope to report back with a positive outcome soon!
Anyway, happy WEEKEND!
3 comments:
What adorable bunny slippers!!! And so neat that she's getting sooo much enjoyment out of her kitchen!! Thanks for the update! Love you guys.
*SIGH* Ah, my Mara Fix -- thank you so much! I can't wait until I see that kitchen center and can cook with her!! Great post - that should hold me for a week....xxxxxooooo HUGS Love to my Cary Crew :)
No SLR cameras at the circus??? :(
We don't get a video of the fit? (but not the chucking up part)
Post a Comment