Here was the birthday morning stash from me and Zack, Super-Gammy and Grandma/Pop-pop Mischinski. There was lots more to come. We trekked out to Fuquay for a multi-functional gathering (Christmas gift exchange, boys going shooting, graham cracker house decorating, birthday celebration, etc). I baked two cakes - one for everyone to eat and one for Mara to smash. The one for her to smash looked like this:
It was a vanilla cake with an icing recipe from the "What to Expect the First Year" book - cream cheese, raisins, gelatin... it was interesting, that's for sure. I couldn't get the raisins to chop up in my food processor and I was too fed up with baking at that point that I said screw it, she'll deal with whole raisins. And we spelled Amara using the name Amanda and bought an extra R. (Zack's doing and cheaper than buying individual letters.). And no, we didn't light the candles. This is Zack's kid we're talking about... I didn't want to risk injuries to her OR the observers. Although Mara was much more interested in the beer than her cake...
And within a few seconds, she was done!
So we didn't torture her for too long.
Here's a live version of the action:
But after the torture was over, she was completely entralled with all of the gifts that her wonderful aunties and uncles brought her! I mean, have you ever seen a happier baby to be the center of attention with a present?
And the camera focused on the wrong object, but check this out... she removed the bow, then did this...
And then tried to put it back to the way it was...
But she got lots of beautiful clothes and great books, and a bathtub toy which she has already enjoyed!
Thank you to all of her aunties and uncles for making her day so special, for her and for us!
Her birthday was definitely out of this world! On her super retro rocket!
To get an idea of how much she loves this rocket, check out the videos:
And here's what she's had us do the last few nights. She just can't get enough.
And finally, today we had a Christmas and birthday gift swap with the Dardens.
Check out this stash!Keep in mind there are items here to all those present, plus some from the great-grandparents. Whew! We had a GREAT time! Although Miss Mara had a 101.4 fever all day and was miserable. :(
I wasn't able to get pictures of all the great presents, but she got some beautiful clothes, a really cute cow hat (from Super-Gammy!), she loved the caterpiller teething ring and some stuffed animals (Elmo, Snowman, and the learning dog from Claire and Travis... although I think Endo is attracted to it because she was touching the different paws to hear him talk/sing... yikes).
Merry Christmas! And stay tuned for her 12 month photos... I haven't had the chance to take them yet, and she hasn't been in the greatest mood for them either.
1 comment:
Wow, this is better than going to a movie!!! Especially 'cause IIII am related to the directors and star!
Post a Comment