Monday, February 7, 2011

A few February Photos

Hi everyone! 

Mara had to stay home one day last week because she threw up at daycare. No fever... but spewed all over the place. Lovely. I think it's cuz she'll shove her fist down her throat in an attempt to rub her incoming molars. Anyway, this is her typical weekend attire. I'm lucky if I get her out of her jammies (me too!). I don't think she was crying when I took these pictures, her eye must have just been watering. Check out the lashes on this gal!

I hear that her Daddy had lovely baby lashes, so it must be genetic. :) Maybe she'll be able to go light on the mascara as she gets older.

We took a short trip to the park 2 Sundays ago, I just never got around to posting the pics. It was an extremely warm day, so the park was CROWDED. She did get a turn on the swing:

But ended up liking the slide WAY more. She would just laugh and laugh at the bottom. I didn't get any pictures because whoever wasn't on slide/Mara duty was on dog/stroller-watch duty. We had a wonderful time, and saw lots of babies, toddlers, and pregnant women. Must be that time.


Mara has been practicing her walking all week and this Saturday made it about 20-30 steps on her own! (About the length of our kitchen). She tends to speed up as she goes, especially if you are right in front of her and backing up, and she leaaaans forward. We've had plenty of noggin bumps and face splats that result in bruises and red noses... but she's a trooper.

When my family isn't eating, pooping, or crawling up and down the stairs, they spend a great deal of time doing this:

Gaming. Yep. That's Mara helping Daddy out. In my chair. Which is in fact what Zack is doing right now and why I am not posting videos. I cower at the thought of Zack's wrath brought on by me uploading video and lagging his gaming experience. SO, pictures will have to suffice for now. I never ended up with a good video of her walking, anyway. I'll work on it.

I whipped out my camera tonight, instead. Isn't her outfit from Grandma Mischinski cute?

For dinner, Mara ate chicken, perogies (yes she loved them!), and I put green beans out, but she just poked them around and clamped her fingers like they were disgusting. At least I'm trying. Uncle Ian gave her vanilla ice cream this weekend... she would take a bite, get brain freeze (it looked like) and then eyed the bowl for more. Uh oh!

She knows she's SOOOOO BIG!

And tonight she sat on and moved her Retro Rocket fairly quickly by herself! Again, by the time I got my camera phone... she had stopped. :(



Check ya' later! Oh, I'll try to get video of her signing more. I THINK she has signed horse, duck, chicken, dog, and pig. :) (we mostly read farm animal books, can you tell?). 

Here's a quick cute video.

1 comment:

Carole said...

Where DID you get such a gorgeous baby?! And, for the first time, I'd say that baby in the swing is the spittin' image of her mommy! I bet we have a similar picture/slide of that somewhere. At first glance, I thought I was looking at your baby picture. Great Post, honey, thanks for making my week!