Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Jammy Day

Hi everyone. Sorry that I've been slack about posting this week. My goal was to get some videos of our little star walking since she's taken off towards the end of last week, but I can't seem to catch any decent/noteworthy strides with my camera phone.

Here's the messy eater who loves lasagna. Oh, but after the piece of lasagna, she also wants fruit, and a nice serving of mac n' cheese. Piggo.

We had to pick her up from daycare Monday afternoon because we were told her eyes were gooping to the point where they'd wipe them and it would immediately return, and her face was swollen. So, back to the doctor's office we went! She has eye infections (a continuation of her pink eye?) and a right ear infection, poor girl. Now she's on 1x a day antibiotic, which I like a lot better than the 3x a day eye drops. She's a trooper, although threw a HISSY FIIIIIIT when the doctor wanted to look in her ears.


She can now sign "please" so I can get a "more" "please" together when she wants something. She gets excited about coloring and will point and make noises at the shelf where I keep a ready pad of paper and a box of crayons. She'll make some scribbles but seems to get more enjoyment out of dumping the box and returning the crayons to their spots.

Check out the fuzz!
I find myself donating so much time to stalking her throughout the house and watching the courses of her decisions. What seemed like a quick decision to climb the stairs (and make Mom or Dad leap from whatever we were doing to now monitor the monkey) turns out to be a longer-term plan (so it seems) to crawling up the stairs to the bathtub and stomping her feet in excitement (clear indication she wants a bath), to the keyboard standing trying to bang on the keys, or a turbo crawl into our master bedroom to point at the dog cookie jar, sign more or an attempt at signing cookie, proceed to gleefully fatten the dogs up (this happens several times a day), and then head back, belly down, down the stairs. This is a child with a plan. (She can actually get the keyboard to do things I have no idea how to initiate).

She likes to help get the mail and will open the mailbox and cling to whatever piece you give her until otherwise instructed. Sometimes it's a hand off to Mom, sometimes it's a drop in the trash. Such a big helper.


She thinks she's a fish and I juggle her curiosity/mischievousness with the dogs' thirst - opening the crates when she isn't looking, closing them when I catch the blur of a speeding crawler towards the bowls.


She's getting really good at dressing and undressing. We watched her try to pull on her sleeves the other day! And when she pulls off her socks, she'll hold them up to your or her nose and make a scrunchy face while we say "Ewwww stinky socks, stinky socks!" She'll also now wave her hand back and forth in front of her face, imitating us batting away a smell. She's grinning the whole time. Sometimes I get the shoe shoved up my nose, too.

I did a somersault in front of her for the first time the other night and she found that QUITE amusing. Next thing I know she's on her back rolling around (not a somersault, but we'll get there).

Check out the awesome purple marker on the side of her face.

 Her little body is looking less babyish and more toddlerish by the day. (More muscle and shape to those legs). I find myself doing triple-takes when she walks across the room or around the corner because I'm unaccustomed to seeing her so tall. She's Miss Popularity at daycare, with the other kids in her class still calling her "the baby" and touring parents exclaiming how everyone knows Mara when the director takes her along for the tour (and Mara's fans greet her).

She's my little precious angel and I just can't soak up enough hugs or kisses. We read books sometimes three times in a row and I'm struggling with disciplining as she tests her limits (throwing food, throwing her cup, getting into a cabinet she isn't supposed to be in).

That's about it for now. Mara clearly told me the jammy photoshoot was wrapped.

No comments: