He totally looks like him, doesn't he?
All I need is that awkward pinky finger in the mouth. Which actually wouldn't be too hard considering he shoves everything in his pie hole now. My cutie patootie.
He can even get his binky in there. He can use both hands and pass back and forth.
No hair. Is it really THAT big of a surprise?
Here is Mara around the same age:
Truth be told, I think Isaac has less hair than she did...
I haven't taken Isaac's 5 month shots yet since it's not the 20th yet. But I did just play around with the camera for fun. Look how big and strong!
Tickle tickle! Raspberries!
He really does smile a bunch - I just wasn't getting it on camera! I tried so hard.
He's definitely a Daddy's boy. Loves loves LOVES to see his Daddy. He can be crying with me and Dad pops in and he pretends like he wasn't just bawling his eyes out.
Oh, it's you, Dad! No, nothing was going on here. I was being an angel.
Yeah, right.
Luckily, Dad comes in handy for a few shots of me and my boy together.
Yes, he really is that pale.
Although, I think the one ray of sunlight was shining right on him... so maybe he's a few shades darker.
Think Dr. Evil with a slight tan.
And my little angel Mara. My light and my smile.
She makes me laugh every.single.day.
"Mom, where's Mr. Sun's bed?"
"He doesn't have a bed, honey."
"Oh. Does he sleep on the couch?"
I told her I saw a rainbow on my way to pick her up but it didn't last long.
"Well, next time you see a rainbow, you'll tell me, okay?"
She REMEMBERS so much of what we tell her.
She tries to make jokes.
"Naahhhh, I was being SILLY!" She says.
She points out landmarks on the way to school.
"That's the tower that makes Daddy's cell phone work. That makes EVERYBODY'S phones work."
"Does anybody see the water tower? It is really tall and has a head and a lot of legs."
"Is that the big kid's school?"
Etc.
She stepped to the other side of the chair and I was already leaning so far with Isaac facing this way. But awesome job taking pictures, honey!
We are still struggling with some constipation issues with Mara. It breaks my heart as she screams in pain, tears running down her face. But Murilax is at least helping.
I asked her on the phone today, "Did you play on the balance beam at school?"
"Um, no."
"Oh, did you run around?"
"Well, I ran around AND I walked around."
Hahaha. Love her.
I have pics from Mara's friend's birthday party still, and we hit the fair tomorrow!
Stay tuned.



3 comments:
Love it Loveit Love your post!! I can't believe how big and strong Isaac has gotten in such a short period of time - and dear, sweet Mara!! I'm soooo glad you are chronicling their babyhoods!
what a beautiful family!!! I can't get over how beautiful everyone is! I'm loving the new pictures. I could simply eat that little Isaac up!!!! And Mara seems like such a little joy. Why oh why are you all so far away =(
Your family is so beautiful! I love seeing the pictures and reading the updates! Yours are on time..haha! One of my neighbors has a little one with constipation issues and they mix fiber (like the powder kind from the pharmacy section) into her milk in the mornings. They call it a "milk-shake" and it has really helped a lot. It started when they stopped breastfeeding. I think it really helps if they do it everyday. Hope to come your way for a visit soon. Tell Dr. Evil to look for another shout-out soon!
Post a Comment