Friday, April 9, 2010

Mara Toes


So get a load of these kickers! That's right, this is what she karate kicked me with throughout my pregnancy. Big. Fat. Baby feet. I find myself nibbling on them a lot, not really caring where they've been. They are just some of the cutest parts, probably because they are still itty bitty. Mara discovered last week that she had these things and has had so much fun grabbing them ever since. This makes diaper changing more of a challenge when she balls up and grabs her feet... and I'm trying to uncurl her so I can reach the diaper straps. She is just no help! Her thighs are another story. I made up and sang her a little song which goes "Mara's thighs, they tell no lies, she eats so good, just like she should..." In other words... chunnnnnky monkey. Woo hoo! I think this is the only stage of a woman's life that it's completely acceptable and encouraged to have these thunder wonders.

I snapped all these photos this morning while she was tickling her own toes. We plopped the hat up there for some color. I think the hat makes her looks like a cross between a park ranger and a little old lady. I am glad, though, that the whole "shirt and shoes required" doesn't apply to babies. I wonder when that stops? Hmm.












"Seriously, Mom, please stop embarrassing me."

And here's my favorite:
Mara and Daddy, both grabbing her tooties.

Awwww. My loves.

No comments: