Thursday, April 15, 2010

She is her father's daughter...


Mara's first real boo boo... we think she got into a fight at school and beat up some Carolina or Duke baby who was being naughty (notice it was wear your favorite sports team clothing day). She told us we should see what her nose did to the other kid's hands. Woo hoo! But yes, she is her father's daughter. Let's hope this isn't the beginning of a series of boo boos.

Arson actually stepped on her foot last night by accident. Mara was so surprised and then cried, poor girl. But she was tough and I was able to hug her and distract her, and thank goodness babies are so bendy.

The daycare did have to call me at work to tell me that Mara got hurt and they weren't sure if it was her own nails or her playmate that was right next to her. Either way, she's a tough one.



"Hmmm, Mommy. I tried to be nice to the other babies like you said, even though they had the disadvantage of Carolina or Duke fan/alumni parents... but I know where my heart's at!"


"I didn't mean to step on her, Mom. I sowwy."

So, on another note. It's been a little more difficult getting decent pictures of your favorite niece/granddaughter because here's what's been going on...

Oh yes, and this too.

Nom Nom Nom, tasty hands.

What? They are like little fat sausages.

See?

And I've come to realize that babies are just walking/crawling/sitting-there-like-a-bump-on-a-log bundles of goop. Drooly, snotty, poopy goop. You're lucky I'm only putting this photo for this thought.

"ACHOOO"

"Seriously, Mom?"
(BTW, I love how "positive" she is here...)

Yesterday was crazy hair or sock day at school. It was so much fun...

"Like I said. Loads of fun. Bet you're jealous. I'm having so much fun here."


She still gets compliments on her beauty... boy oh boy. I mean, check out this pretty shaped head.

And also, these stunning baby features.

"Love me because I'm gorgeous"

And to leave you with one more picture - here's what I see when we "play" on the floor:

Kicky kicky baby, Arson kissing baby feet, baby kicking Arson's nose, Arson leaving.

No comments: