Mara's had a bit of a daycare cold the last few weeks but that doesn't stop her from stripping down and showing off her ginormous frog belly! I mean seriously, check out the milk-gut.
She discovered her phalanges over the last week or two and I've caught her using one hand to jam a thumb in the mouth and a finger up each nose. I don't think we are THAT terrible at parenting that she's trying to snuff herself already... but I'll keep an eye on it. She enjoys touching things, including my hair the last 2 days. I don't realize she has a deathgrip on it until Zack is walking away with her and I find myself dragging along behind him. She was at the pediatrician's office on Friday and loved rolling around on the crinkly paper that they put on the table. She enjoyed holding this soft teddy bear blanket:

I mean, can you keep a straight face staring at this?


Nom Nom Nom, yummy teddy bear.
So, anyway. Playmat. Whale eye. Mara-cuteness. Same old same old.

I'm usually on the other side of the camera making the strangest animal noises and googlyboogly-if-my-friends-could-only-hear-me-they'd-think-I-was-insane sounds to try to pry a smile out of her. The result:
"You're crazy, Mommy!"She really makes me WORK for those smiles. I'm sure she and Daddy have some inside joke to see how many ridiculous faces and noises Mommy can make to elicit a gummy grin. All he has to do is breathe in her direction and she laughs and smiles, and smiles and smiles and smiles. Can she be a Daddy's girl already??? I'm the freaking BOOB toter and she prefers him. Such a flirt. Well, all's fair in love and war... so then I make HER work for it:

Haha! You CAN do it. This is what tummy time is allllll about. She is watching tv... but that's beside the point...
******************************************************
All the girls were so beautiful and I can't picture Mara one day being as old, tall, and gorgeous as these 4. I think Mara's face in these pictures is because of the abundance of Mischinski hair... and lack thereof... of her own. :-( Soon enough, young one!
Megan, Ellen, Cara, and Lily were great with Mara! You can see how much she loves looking at her second cousins.I hope that Zack and I are able to give Mara some siblings sometime in the future. All you see in these photos is love. Sisterly and womanly love. It makes my heart just melt.

********************************************************
Are you sick of hearing about her yet? No? Ok, good. This is a shot of her having some Daddy time. I apparently missed the ooooo faces and smiles she was making right before this. I felt like I interrupted... I'm almost like the 3rd wheel in this family. Sheesh. Excuse me while I take my camera back into the other room and leave you two alone.
We were going to make it to Easter mass this morning as a family... that is until somebody pee pee'd all over the Easter dress I'd bought and been saving for this very occasion...
"La la la... dah dah dah... what? Who... me?"
Yes YOU! So I stripped her down and looked around, helplessly trying to find a suitable replacement. This was, of course, after I stood there for awhile... gauging the wetness... trying to convince myself that the drippy dress was just a paper towel or two away from still being church-worthy. Need I mention I was running behind and I thought heck... it's a patterned dress anyway so who would notice? But guilt overcame... just as Zack walked in and offered to stay home with her. Meeeh, they did a good deed while I was gone and got my computer back up and running. And I had time to wash the dress and force some Easter pictures upon them! WAH HA HA!
And here are the beautiful results:
Oh, and we even survived through the binky-fall. I didn't stick it back in her mouth because of the pollen content... but I spent awhile evaluating THAT as well...


No comments:
Post a Comment