Sunday, April 25, 2010

My first beach trip!

Hi there, howya doin'? Guess what my family and I did this weekend? We went for a mini-vacation to Charleston, SC.

I know! So exciting - almost as exciting as playing with my hanging toys on my whale-mat with the giant eye that's always in photos.

So, um, yeah I played hookie from school on Friday so we could drive down to Charleston. Mom took a few more shots of me in my lambseat since I've grown a lot. We'll see how much I weight tomorrow at the doctor's office.

I started wearing some size 2 diapers (for weights 12 lbs +). I'm such a big girl! Daddy dropped my puppies off at Camp Bow Wow for the weekend and then we made the 4 hour trip to Charleston.
I didn't go shopping for a swimsuit because I didn't want to show off too much skin. Can't keep those boy babies away. Sheesh. Anyway, here's me and Daddy getting ready to walk to the beach in Charleston. Mommy didn't have her flash for this photo, but wanted to get a shot of the major cuteness. We stayed in a little cottage about 2 blocks from the beach on the Isle of Palms. The weather was great on Friday, it was very overcast/rainy on Saturday, and Sunday wasn't much better.

I made sure I had Daddy strapped on good and tight. Didn't want to lose him out there. Mommy made me wear a hat to protect my melon, but I wonder if some good sunlight would have encouraged my little follicles to kick it into high gear?
This was my first time facing forward in my Bjorn, by the way. Totally loved it! My little legs could dangle freely and I could move my arms around while watching everything around me. I also liked bobbing as Daddy walked around.

Here I am checking out the vast vast bathtub. What, can't see me? Daddy get outta' the way. Geeeeee.
There we go, sorry about that... Daddy was blocking me. He kept covering up my arms so they wouldn't get exposed to the sun. Daddy was very worried about me getting burnt.

He'd make sure my hat was adjusted just right.

I'm so glad I brought Daddy along. He did alright, and he came in handy since I didn't have an umbrella. I kept licking my Bjorn, though. I got it reaaaally slobbery.

I think I give Daddy an added coolness factor... don't you agree?

Mommy did alright at the beach as well.
Aunt Derica took some photos so Mommy could be in them.

Do you ever have this problem, though, when someone is taking your picture? (check out my nose...) This kept happening and then Mommy/Daddy would wipe my face and I'd get mad about it.

Sigh. Ohhhhh, Mommy.

I decided to try on Mommy's shoes. They were a little big...

So then I had to just go ahead and do it. I went wild and put my feet in the sand!
Wooop woop! Beach babe in the making!

I did make Mommy and Daddy clean my feet, though, since I have the habit of grabbing them and sucking on my hands. That would have been a surprise.

All in all, I had a great time at the beach. Daddy carried me around Charleston in my Bjorn for a few hours on Saturday and I LOVED it! I couldn't get enough! And soooo many people who'd pass us would check me out and say "Now that's a cute baby!" I do gotta' give props to Dad for letting me take his spotlight. Thanks Daddy! And thanks for toting my heavy baby booty around town all evening.

Here's to many more beach trips.

Here's me posing with the 'rents. Mommy said that she learned a few things on our first trip out of state:

1) 6 am is the new vacation waking up time. I'm on vacation and I want to enjoy evvvverrry second!
2) Old McDonald didn't have a farm, he had a zoo. And Mommy doesn't know how to make llama or camel sounds when I'm fussy and Daddy is yelling out other animals to inhabit the singing zoo.
3) I have my own room for a reason - I toss and turn and whine in my sleep.
4) Restaurants with "Caution, extremely hot water" signs are VERY welcome when I'm fussy and demanding my bottle be warmed juuuust right.
5) Mommy can change me on almost anything, including a toilet seat lid in a teeeny weeensie bathroom and I laugh at her for it.

Now off to bed for me! I'm pooped! Speaking of which...

Let me go take care of business. :) Love you!

No comments: