Monday, September 20, 2010

9 Months and Polka Dotted AGAIN!

Well, I've been trying for the last 15 minutes to upload a video of Mara waving and saying Ba Ba... but it is too big and refuses to load. :( I was so surprised when she did it. She's had the whole arm wave for a few weeks but she said Ba ba with it. Incredible!

Our little Mara has kept us quite busy this past week. Starting Wednesday, she had a fever... we had to pick her up from daycare an hour after we dropped her off. Zack stayed home with her on Thursday, and we both stayed home on Friday since Zack wasn't feeling well enough to watch her. Friday night, I left for a weekend with the girls - Liz's bachelorette weekend. I came home to this:

She was so weak, and felt much lighter than when I'd left her. She weighed 16 pounds 7 ounces (with clothes) on Wednesday at the doctor, and today for her 9 month appointment she was 15 pounds 9 ounces no clothes. She didn't eat solid foods all weekend and apparently was a limp noodle. My poor poor baby. Can you see all her spots?

They were all over her body. Face, arms, torso.

They got redder when she cried. Her cry was so weak. Everything about her was weak. And that was apparently progress from how she was while I was gone.

She barely even noticed I'd returned. I finally got a few smiles before I put her to bed on Sunday.

Too pitiful.

(Paw-Paw, I see a little of you in this face!)

Anyway, she's on the mend - had some sort of virus with a 5 day fever and now the rash. But she went back to daycare after her appointment today. She's still right on track for her height/weight.

I managed to take a few 9 month photos... although I may try again tomorrow. She had enough energy today to make some noises and play a little. 

She was SO happy to get to daycare - she gave her teacher, Ms. Candace, the biggest smiles I've seen in awhile (broke my heart a little, I admit... but at least she enjoys going).

She wasn't too happy about taking the photos, even when she got to gnaw on the card.
She's now older outside in the world than the length of time she was baking inside me! I can't believe this time last year I was HUGE.

Here's what Mara thinks of Mother Nature using her as a polka dotted viral canvas!

Take that!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Seeing her so sick makes me so sad!!!!

But that last picture is great - I love her face. hehehe