Hello, our devoted stalkers.
Is that a double negative? Devoted, stalker...
Not that I blame you for your habit.
Sometimes you just need a fix.
Much like I crave Diet Coke and would probably go into serious cardiac arrest if I did not consume my daily supply, you threaten me with text messages, emails, and droopy internet chat frowny faces if I do not deliver.
So hopefully this post will satiate your baby Danny-Devito-esk (our resident hair bucket baby) craving. See? See? STRANDS! Rumpelstiltskin teetered his way over to our house, weaving gold into hair, or something, for the future Rapunzel...
I think I'm criss-crossing my fairytales. Either way, Miss Mara was waiting for her prince to come.
That prince would be, her Daddy. Yes. DaDa. And she solicited her noble watchpuppies for help.
Although waiting for her prince proved to be quite exhausting. She had to comfort the help.
And she became so absorbed with doing so that, for a moment, she forgot she was human.
Hmm, what's this good for?
Ah, I know! Nom nom nom.
I can confidently say that my reflex timing now rivals warp speed/hyper drive. There I am, nonchalantly chatting with friends.
Quick seize the dinner knife from Mara's fingers!!!!
Continue chatting.
Dive catch the launched sippy cup!!!
Finish my story.
All in a day's work, people.
Yes, parents are practically superheros. We may not be faster than a speeding bullet, but you haven't seen 5 AM comatose Daddy teleport to the other continent side of our bed to grab a footie pant leg before it goes tumbling over into the abyss.
We may not be more powerful than a locomotive, but if I hurled a poopy diaper at you, you'd wonder how I'd been able to lift it.
What?
We may not be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound... but that's because someone thought that was silly and invented a more practical, more fun, more total baby awesomeness, way...
This is a building, right?
YAY! Clap with me!
Mara no longer crawls. I think she invested in a mini or invisible skateboard or something that she straps to her belly like those roller sneakers. She's across the room before you can blink. And then she's doing this:
Because some genius *COUGH* husband *COUGH* taught her how to climb the stairs (under supervision). But since her method of getting back to base is as follows:
That might not have been such a wise idea, huh? HUH? HUHHHHHHH?
Ok, end vent.
Mara has started to put more and more items into spaces that she thinks are interesting. Her toy elephant.
Her binky into a circle...
(don't ask me why, I'm not a baby psychologist)
Baby pumpkin into big pumpkin...
I've seen her elbow crawl across the room because she had toys or food clutched in her fists that were too important to leave behind. I get so distracted by the things she does or how she reacts to situations. Something's funny or amuses her? Cue the cuteness and alert the Gerber baby that Mara's taking over.
Something annoys or frustrates her?
FLING item across room!
Pout.
Then assume the pose.
(She's like a small mouth bass, just.. well, here comes square mouth)...
So it's not reaalllly square, but you can tell when she's gearing up for it because she stretches her mouth in weird ways.
Last, but not least, Mara was teaching Daddy this morning that "Dogs" are "Dah!" and pointed at each one of the pups. Very seriously.
Yeah, he didn't care.
He's a good boy. And Mara looooves him.
And her loves her, too.
Mostly because she's a crawling food factory.
She crawled over to me this evening and a spaghetti noodle dropped off of her. Whoops!
Good boy, Dah! I love you.
Until next time, faithful stalkers. :)
Quick seize the dinner knife from Mara's fingers!!!!
Continue chatting.
Dive catch the launched sippy cup!!!
Finish my story.
All in a day's work, people.
Yes, parents are practically superheros. We may not be faster than a speeding bullet, but you haven't seen 5 AM comatose Daddy teleport to the other continent side of our bed to grab a footie pant leg before it goes tumbling over into the abyss.
We may not be more powerful than a locomotive, but if I hurled a poopy diaper at you, you'd wonder how I'd been able to lift it.
What?
We may not be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound... but that's because someone thought that was silly and invented a more practical, more fun, more total baby awesomeness, way...
This is a building, right?
YAY! Clap with me!
Mara no longer crawls. I think she invested in a mini or invisible skateboard or something that she straps to her belly like those roller sneakers. She's across the room before you can blink. And then she's doing this:
Because some genius *COUGH* husband *COUGH* taught her how to climb the stairs (under supervision). But since her method of getting back to base is as follows:
That might not have been such a wise idea, huh? HUH? HUHHHHHHH?
Ok, end vent.
Mara has started to put more and more items into spaces that she thinks are interesting. Her toy elephant.
Her binky into a circle...
(don't ask me why, I'm not a baby psychologist)
Baby pumpkin into big pumpkin...
I've seen her elbow crawl across the room because she had toys or food clutched in her fists that were too important to leave behind. I get so distracted by the things she does or how she reacts to situations. Something's funny or amuses her? Cue the cuteness and alert the Gerber baby that Mara's taking over.
Something annoys or frustrates her?
FLING item across room!
Pout.
Then assume the pose.
(She's like a small mouth bass, just.. well, here comes square mouth)...
So it's not reaalllly square, but you can tell when she's gearing up for it because she stretches her mouth in weird ways.
Last, but not least, Mara was teaching Daddy this morning that "Dogs" are "Dah!" and pointed at each one of the pups. Very seriously.
This was super cute when she just rolled over Arson.
Yeah, he didn't care.
He's a good boy. And Mara looooves him.
And her loves her, too.
Mostly because she's a crawling food factory.
She crawled over to me this evening and a spaghetti noodle dropped off of her. Whoops!
Good boy, Dah! I love you.
Until next time, faithful stalkers. :)



























1 comment:
ooooooh WHOOOOOO! Great chronicling, honey! Love the 'dah' story --adorable! This one must've taken you a LOT of time! Can't believe she's almost a year old! Um -- Are you SURE she's getting more hair? I don't quite see it.....but she definitely has more than you did at that age, so that's a good start!
Post a Comment