Saturday, November 6, 2010

November Updates

Well, I finally pulled my camera back out. You're probably feeling like this:


And Mara mostly is, too... except for not really napping today. Oh, and a top right tooth coming in. I noticed this morning that it broke the skin/gum. This explains all the waterworks:

And...

And...

No, she isn't copying her Daddy and growing a beard... drool is like a magnet for the small amount of dog fur that graces our floors...

Mara likes to point at things now.


Her vocabulary has expanded to lots of jibberish. But the words I can make out are "Mah Mah" (YESSSS!!!!), "Nah Nah" and even a "Tah Tah." "Dah Dah" makes up 90% of her speech, but today I caught a "Daddy." She is incredibly snuggly, and in the moments that she isn't, she's gone! She goes from 0 - 60 in, well, okay... she just gets places a lot faster. And she's been quite determined the last few days...




This afternoon, she grabbed my leg and got both feet flat on the floor in a low split a couple of times. We really thought she was going to do it! But who's rushing her? She just recently started crawling really well. But this pulling up thing seems to also be a hint to Mommy...

Get rid of this dog hair, Mom! Or I'll turn into a monster!! RARRR!


You won't mistake her for a monster, though. Not with these:

 
That's right. I finally did it. Get over it. The longer this child goes without hair, the more parts of her I might paint pink.

Mom... there area few sprigs...


Another positive note - she's started signing to us! Just the sign for "milk" as far as I can interpret. And since I'm so used to rewarding the dogs right away for the right action, I find myself screaming YES GOOD GIRL, whipping her off to a room with a sofa, and bringing out her lunch boxes like I have ants in my shirt or something. (sorry for the PG13 description...)

We'll keep working on more words/signs. But she does listen to everything we say. For example, she was rolling around on the floor playing while I was sprawled on the carpet reading her a book. I'd been reading for awhile, not knowing if she was even paying attention since she was engaged in some baby activity, when I read the word "no" and she started shaking her head back and forth, back and forth. Gotta' watch what we say!


You have probably already watched the video where she can cluck her tongue. She's been enjoying graham crackers like it's nobody's business. Zack and I just updated the daycare food menu with items she can try.

Giving her a bath is always fun, but now if my hand is behind her, she'll fall backwards until I lay her down and then she'll kick and kick and splash.


She loves to flip the pages in her books, especially the peek-a-boo doors. She giggles when I brush her teeth and makes faces at the baby in the mirror. I put her in this bag and swung her and carried her around (Zack found it hilarious) and she loved it!



On a sad note... NC State lost today...

Mom! That's enough pictures.
 
Ok ok ok.
Last thing, she loves to wave bye bye and hi!
:-D Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Carole said...

Wow, you made my weekend! What a doll baby, and kudos to Chrissy for the superb effort in posting this!! I just saw her 2 weeks ago and she has changed since then! I'm gonna watch it over and over!

Kelly said...

weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! What a great post!!!