Monday, August 15, 2011

Because I'm lazy

All you get are some videos.




She and I had a great time together this weekend. We went to the Butlers on Friday (hence the video of her getting high five's from Max), Saturday, she and I enjoyed mexican food... although she wasn't eating my burrito but instead opted for eating the salsa with a spoon, we stopped by the auto parts store to get replacement bulbs for the truck lights and she discovered several treasures! FOG! (a green frog figure sitting on a register), and a rubberband from the floor which became a bracelet. We then hit up a local petstore to see the cat, dogs, birds, hamsters, ferrets, bunnies, guinea pigs, rats, fish, etc. She enjoyed that very much! We also got ice cream at a place called Skinny Dip, although she refused to eat the frozen yogurt and was only interested in my STUH-BERRIES. I played with her outside and let her walk holding my hands on a concrete wall and got her saying AHHSUHH (Awesome), SEEET (Sweet), and DUDE. She was making passerby's laugh. Sunday, we went shopping at Target and she surprised me by knowing the Wolfpack sign when I said GO WOLFPACK as we passed some bright red State shirts. She made a mouthy hand sign (without the ears, but we'll work on that). I think one of her daycare teachers is a State fan. I'm not complaining!

She's just been so much fun. I want to cuddle her to bits, she gives great wet sloppy kisses, and I'm trying to expand her movie horizons so we don't continue to memorize Shrek (SHEK!) 1, 2, or 3. She likes Spirit, Stallion of the Cimarron, and will scream NO NO, OH NO when the mountain lion jumps on Spirit's back. We tried Ratatouille (she calls TOOIE) and we got a semi-positive response. She can put her shapes in her shapeball pretty much completely by herself and I caught her saying "STAW" (star) as she held the star and searched for the right hole. She also yells out a color sometimes (not always correct, but she'd good with blue).  As you saw in the video, she figured out how to pump the bike pump. Today, when we were calling the dogs in the house, she made kissing noises and slapped her hand deliberately over and over on her thigh, bending over to do so. I cracked up.

She likes to make things right, fix them - Zack broke a kitchen cabinet door off while he was mouse-proofing the kitchen and she discovered it this evening. I hear in the kitchen "NO!" and Zack comes back saying she pushed him out of the kitchen while she was attempting to carry the door over to the gaping hole in the cabinet.


We also went to Target on Sunday and I treated her to a cinnamon pretzel in the snack area. I've been wanting to do that for awhile! But as you can see, she got more of a kick out of the chair that I helped twirl.


That's about it for now!

No comments: