Mara was doing this most of today:
She must be growing again. It's wake up, eat, play for a little bit, poop a lotta bit, sleep. It's been hot here this weekend, so Mara's been running around (not literally) without pants. Anything I can do to keep her cool! I sent her into daycare in this again:
And I totally thought Teacher's Appreciation Week at her daycare was this past week. Yeah. It wasn't. It's this week. And I realized my mistake on Friday. I feel like an idiot. At least the teachers got my small gifts when they weren't expected, right? Maybe they were surprised, kinda' like this:
I dunno. Mara did bring home her first artwork from daycare, which I have lovingly displayed on the fridge. What a proud Mommy I am!
Yes, those were made from little Mara toes. You know, these things that she loves to grab:
I think she's growing a little hair, evident mostly in the tub when I scrub it. And Daddy pointed out a few sprigs hanging over her ear the other night. Woot!
"Mom, you've got to get over this hair thing."I hope we're not encouraging her to grow up too quickly.
She weighed in at 11 lbs 13 ou. at her 4 month appointment this past Monday.Frankenstein Baby!
Which put her in the 13th %ile for height/weight.
And the 50-75th%ile for head circumference. Ummm....
Yeah, do I resemble a bobble head? I hope not. (BTW, this looks very similar to a picture I saw of baby Zack starting to walk... he balanced with his hand on his head.)
"I'm too cool for walking right now, Mommy."She was a very brave baby with her shots. She didn't cry with the shot in the first leg, and only cried one breath worth with the shot in the second leg. Mommy was so proud!
This will be my first Mother's Day. So much has changed, but being a Mommy is pretty awesome. It definitely has its challenges, but the rewards are far and above worth it. My little love.

No comments:
Post a Comment