I was lazy and waited until the weekend to take Mara's 13 month photos. I liked the month cards so much (they gave me incentive to take the pictures) that I ordered some new ones for 13-24 months (thank you, Derica!). Mara actually didn't destroy this month's card!
I've kind of run out of places to pose her, though.
I'm still working with my new camera, and Liz's kit lens since mine crapped out on me (boo...) and Liz is borrowing my 50mm. It's hard to believe that Mara is over 13 months old and well on her way to walking! She has a total of 8 teeth showing (4 top and 4 bottom) and still eats almost as much as we do. She's doing better with sign language - she'll sign "more" and "binky" and I caught a "water" once or twice. She's quite good at waving bye bye (or hi) and knows the difference between Endo and Arson when we say their names. You can ask "How big's Mara???" and get this response:
Sooo big!!!!
She's super ticklish and loves to pull off her socks to help you undress her.
She loves pushing her Retro Rocket around the house and has learned how to steer it (to a point) while walking. I've witnessed her run into something, lean back and pivot the rocket, and then proceed. If she needs a big turn (say, 180 degrees), Mom or Dad have to swoop in. If not, we may be subjected to the Glare(r). Yes, she inherited the Mischinski Glare(r). This is only a preview of the Glare(r) to come:
Anyway.
She will bring me a book to read if she's in the mood. She can put together and take apart her giant Legos and she finally stacked her wooden blocks 3 high! (The best she could do was 2 before). We have a nice collection of binkys and she'll do the binky swap over and over, giving each one a few good sucks:
This cute monkey is from Uncle/Godfather Adam and Aunt Marianne (and Bumble Bee Butler to be). Mara will cuddle with or hug the monkey (which is adorable):
Daddy taught her to push its belly button to get a "WOO HOO!" sound. She'll sometimes echo the sound if you push HER belly button. And she'll push her own belly button, too, although sometimes she gets it confused with her baby nipple. :( I hope that doesn't last long.
No binky? No problem.
I tried out my camera remote control, which she was VERY interested in and she actually took a picture. I don't know which one it was, though.
She does not like when Arson interferes with her photoshoot...
I don't think she's feeling well again since she took almost a 3 hour nap today (I had to wake her up), and Zack got a 99.5 reading under her arm, and he put her back to bed around 5. Oh, and he's in bed, too. Long hard day of clay shooting will just wear you right out.
The most steps we have seen her take has been 5-6 when we picked her up from daycare last week. It's coming along!
And last, but not least, my helpful window cleaner...
Thanks for reading!
1 comment:
A few notes here -
Mara stacked her wooden blocks 3 high a couple of times while she was in PA last month...
About the windows -- Do you think she's spending too much time with Arson and Endo?
Finally, there's nothing that makes my day like reviewing the Mara blog; very uplifting and I enjoy your commentaries ALMOST as much as I do your picture presentation. Love you all! Mom
Post a Comment